Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where imaginations play, learning happens

At the encouragement of others, I am endeavoring to write a blog.  The goal is to try to capture, over time, the implementation of many of the idea from my new book (co-written with John Seely Brown) titled A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change in my classrooms and with my students at the college and graduate levels.  I hope to chronicle both the successes and some of the challenges faced by bringing these ideas of inquiry, collectives, play, embracing change, and indwelling to bear on issue that arise on the college classroom.

The blog title is drawn for the last line of our book, which we believe summarizes our philosophy learning:  "Where imaginations play, learning happens"

No comments:

Post a Comment